This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Balloon Games are perfect for senior care, blending light exercise with valuable social engagement.
- Gentle exercise to improve hand-eye coordination.
- Social engagement among participants.
- Collect badminton rackets or fly swatters (you can buy them at discount stores).
- Make sure you have a volunteer to assist you or invite children from nearby schools to come for half an hour and play the game with residents once a week.
- 3-4 Inflated balloons
- Rackets or fly swatters
- Music player and speakers
- Position residents in a spacious circle to avoid accidental contact with rackets.
- Play uplifting background music to energize the game.
- Introduce 3-4 inflated balloons into the circle.
- Keep the balloons in the air and off the ground using rackets or fly swatters.
- The game can last for a set time or until players wish to stop.
Feel free to tailor the game to suit the abilities and preferences of your group. It’s all about fun, movement, and social interaction!