Articles of interest
With the looming federal election in Australia, aged care is back in the spotlight.
Here are some interesting articles from the media this week:
Aged care groups urge politicians to embrace further reforms to improve lives of older Australians (Source: ABC News)
- Australia's population is ageing
- In 40 years almost a quarter of Australians will be 65 and over
- More than 3 million will need aged care
Aged care workers say nursing home patients are suffering due to staff shortages (Source: ABC News)
- Understaffed and underpaid, does this sound familiar?
- There is no mandatory minimum staff-to-patient ratio
- Not enough support for aged care workers
The over-50s will be flexing political muscle (Source: The Courier Mail)
- Australian voters aged over 50 comprise 47 per cent of voters
- Ageism continues to pervade attitudes, this needs to change
- Demands designed to make life easier for an ageing population.
Dementia-friendly communities can improve care and save money
(Source: The Guardian)
- A feel-good, inspiring story about a dementia-friendly town in England
- Providing short courses for shop assistants, taxi drivers and hairdressers!
- Intergenerational work is important
Thank you for your feedback...
We appreciate the feedback we receive each day. Don't forget to comment on activities you have tried for the benefit of the whole community. Below are a sample of some recent comments...
Talita on Questions | 15th August 2013
Many thanks to those of you who completed our Student Survey.
Deb on Living Eggs Program | 14th August 2013
zewariah on The Price is Right Game | 14th August 2013
can u please let me know about the game board
zewariah on Rosh HaShanah Apple and Honey Cream | 14th August 2013
can you please inform me to when this event is taking place
Pauline on Colouring-in for September | 14th August 2013
please, please can we have more colouring in like these as my residents love landscapes and for residents with dementia intermediate landscapes are difficult to find.
Christine on Questions | 14th August 2013
Has Golden Carers thought of having a vacancies section so that RAOs and rec staff have a forum to look for jobs in the industry?
Iranthie on Colouring-in for September | 10th August 2013
such an informative web site. Love all your activities. I am a carer, but now I want to get into work as a Life Style Assistant. So much we can do with our dementia residents. Well done for creating this web site.
The full list of September activities are available here: September Activities
You must have an account to leave a comment. Create one now »