Make March 8, 2010 a day to remember!
Celebrate the achievements of WOMEN all day long. Involve all staff, RNs, support staff, nurses and management!
- Make an exhibition of all female art work gathered in the last few months.
- Hold a contest to find out who is the most extraordinary person within your facility among staff and residents.
- Have a concert with female entertainers only.
- Hold a discussion on subjects that concern women.
- Invite female relatives from a different culture to give a talk on their country, customs and food.
- Have a game where residents will name 3 of a kind; female rock musicians, TV cooks, politicians, comedians, etc.
- Take female residents on a mystery drive to see something daring such as rock climbing or surfers in action.
- Take a group to a city sponsored “International Women’s Day Breakfast” to hear someone important to talk.
- Organise with management and kitchen staff to hold a special lunch such as a BBQ or Chicken & Champagne.
- Finish the day by hiring a movie such as: Casablanca, Beaches, Steel Magnolias, Gone with the Wind, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
Happy International Women’s Day!