Conversation is one of the best ways to communicate with clients. However to gain the trust and respect of clients there are a few things we should remember.
Most people have three distinct needs in common:
- the need to feel important
- the need to feel appreciated
- the need to be understood.
Here are a few tips I use myself when communicating with my clients:
- Use good attitude when greeting - make the client feel you are pleased to be there.
- Maintain eye contact
- Listen carefully and empathetically
- Remember names (very important)
- Show courtesy
- Express thanks