This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is a wonderful and simple game for the elderly.
Thanks to Lauren, Pat & members of the Golden Carers Facebook Group for this fun game idea!
This is a matching game that includes well known sayings, idioms and proverbs that seniors will remember from their past. This can lead to lovely reminiscing and conversation.
This game can easily be adjusted to suit different abilities and is suitable for people living with dementia..
- Download the templates and laminate for endurance.
- Cut each saying or proverb in half or just leave the last word off depending on the abilities of your clients.
- Gather a small group of clients to play the game.
- Hand out the cards to players
- Have players take turns reading out a card and then others will look through and call out the answer.
- Reminisce about the meaning of each saying!
- Clients can help sort out the sayings that are scattered on a table together
- Magnetic strips could be put on them so they can be used on a white board.
- Create other versions of this game using: famous song titles, famous couples, old nursery rhymes etc!