This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
January 8 marks the birthday of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock. Celebrate the King's birthday with an 'Elvis Presley Day'.
Here are a few ideas:
- Decorate your facility with photos of Elvis, guitars, Cadillac's, Uncle Sam, coca-cola, hot dogs, American flags; anything quintessentially from the American culture.
- Have an Elvis Presley Quiz with some of his music in the background (see related quiz)
- Have a group of people make Elvis' favourite sandwich for everyone to enjoy; banana with peanut butter. Serve with Elvis's favourite drink, coca-cola.
- Have a 'Sing-along' with Elvis' songs. Start each song for a few seconds and then stop; challenge participants to sing the next line before you resume.
- Challenge someone at your facility to come to work dressed as Elvis (approval from management is necessary).
- Ask a couple of staff members to perform a duet or trio from a well known Elvis song.
- If possible, hire an Elvis impersonator to entertain your residents.
- Have a session of half an hour or 45 minutes where people can request their favourite Elvis song for all to hear.
- Hire a movie featuring Elvis for the afternoon.