This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
The poster should be creative; let participants use their flair and imagination to decorate and add proverbs of their choice. The following instructions are just an idea; encourage participants to create their own.
- Construction poster or cardstock poster as large as you want.
(The poster in the photo is 20 x 26 inches or 50 x 65 cm.)
- A small piece of construction paper in a contrasting colour (for centre circle).
- Ruler, glue and pencil
- Fabric ribbons or paper ribbons, or thin strips of coloured paper.
- Good quality coloured pencils or paint
- Let participants choose the religious denominations they would like to represent on the poster; eight denominations are required. (Try to include religions represented at your facility).
- Download templates and hand them to participants to colour or paint.
- Divide the poster into 8 parts: use a marker or pencil to divide in the middle, then into quarters and finally into eighths.
- Glue ribbons on top of lines.
- Arrange one religious symbol in each segment of poster with their respective names.
- Glue centre circle and write something inspiring. (Encourage residents to find a suitable saying or phrase to suit the centre circle).
- Decorate poster as you wish.
Note: Try to incite participants to come up with a few words for the centre circle. Here are a few ideas.
Proverbs promoting tolerance
- We are one family
- Our Differences are the Source of Our Strength
- All People are Good at Heart
- Tolerance is the best religion
- Love Thy Neighbour
- Peace on Earth
- The World is My Country, Mankind My Brethren
- Let’s Share our Similarities, and Celebrate Our Differences.