Intergenerational Activities provide older and younger generations with opportunities to interact and engage with each other in planned endeavours beneficial to both groups.
Intergenerational programs have become increasingly prominent in assisted residential care facilities and Nursing Homes. Such programs are creative, cost effective, and well worth the effort.
In this article we cover:
- What are Intergenerational Activities
- Benefits for the older generation
- Benefits for the younger generation
- Benefits to the younger generation
- Benefits to the broader community
- How to plan activities
- Implementation of Intergenerational Activities
- Evaluating the success of your program
- 15 Intergenerational Activity Ideas