This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Also called a Tyrolean hat, the Alpine hat is the perfect accessory for an Oktoberfest Party! These hats come in a variety of styles and are used by German, Austrian and Swiss people.
This cute paper version is so simple to make!
- Dark green construction paper
- Scraps of coloured construction paper: red, blue, yellow, black
- Thin elastic for the chin strap (if necessary)
- Small German flags
- Green feathers (other colours are also suitable)
- Hole punch
Watch the video below for a better understanding.
Two sizes available: small and medium
Rectangles of 14 x 12 inches or 36 x 32 cm
Rectangles of 19 x 17 inches or 48 x 43 cm
- Cut green construction paper into rectangles of your choice.
- Fold construction paper in half, crease well.
- Leaving 1½ inches / 4 cm flap at the bottom, fold the creased sides towards the centre, making two right triangles.
- Fold flaps backwoods to form the hat’s brim.
- Tuck in the extreme ends and glue.
- Download, colour and cut-out Edelweiss flower
- Alternatively, make small German flags from strips of scrap paper: red, black and gold.
- Glue feather and flag or feather and Edelweiss flower to the hat.
- To make chin strap: punch hole on the sides of hat, insert elastic and tie.