This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Put your heart into this activity, be present at all times; talk gently and encourage residents to talk about themselves and their lives. Make them feel they are the most important person in the world.
- Sensory stimulation
- Relaxation and enjoyment
- A nice quiet place with a comfortable chair and some soft music playing
- A variety of facial cleansers and moisturizers
- A box of tissues, face cloth and facial towels
- A bowl of scented warm water (a drop of rose essential oil wil do)
- Make-up (optional) - to apply after the facial
- Seat your resident and explain what you are doing as you do it.
- Invite them to smell the cleansers and moisturisers available and choose which ones they would like.
- Use a face cloth to prepare the skin with warm scented water.
- Apply cleanser and gently massage for 10 minutes.
- Wipe the face clean with the warm face cloth and dab with facial tissues to dry.
- Gently apply moisturizer.
- Ask resident if they would like you to apply some make-up (lipstick, blush, eyeliner).
- Thank your resident for coming and offer them a cup of tea and buscuits.
The facial should take a minimum of 20 minutes.