What this policy covers
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- Other important privacy information
When we refer to "Golden Carers," "we," or "us" in this policy, we mean Golden Carers, which controls the information Golden Carers collects when you use our services. When we refer to "services" or "product/s", we are referring to Golden Carers, Golden Care Tools, and Golden Carers Shop.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, and when you use our product/s.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into our products or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through our products. For example, you provide your contact information and billing information when you register. You also have the option of adding a profile photo, bio, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in some of our products. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within our product.
- Content you provide through our products: Our Product includes the Golden Carers website, Golden Care Tools online service, and Golden Carers Shop, where we collect and store content that you post, send, receive, view, and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Content also includes the files, links, and content you upload to our product. Examples of content we collect and store include:
- All Products
- Email address and name when signing up to a newsletter
- Address and location information provided when registering
- Golden Carers:
- Information you provide when commenting on the Forum or Activities Golden Carers
- Golden Care Tools
- Client names, nicknames, date of birth, gender, room number, special needs, and any other client information you enter into the system, including through attendance, progress notes, care plans, and interests.
- Staff names, emails, and positions, as entered by you to give them access to the system
- You are required to have the permission of your clients to enter their personal details. This is generally provided when a client is accepted into a nursing facility as records must be kept on the client to provide the best level of care.
- Content you provide through our websites: Our Product also include our websites owned or operated by us. We collect other content that you submit to these websites, which include social media or social networking websites operated by us. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
- Information you provide through our support channels: Our Product also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. For example, we ask you to designate a billing name, facility details, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Information we collect automatically when you use our product
We collect information about you when you use our Products, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within our services.
- Your use of our product: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes features you use; the activities you view and print; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to our product; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on our product.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access our product. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, and URLs of referring/exit pages. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access our product.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide our product and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide our product to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain our product. For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your account to identify you to other Service users. We may use your email domain to infer your affiliation with a particular organization or industry to personalize the content and experience you receive on our websites.
- To communicate with you about our product: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within our product, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. Depending on your settings, we send you email notifications when you or others interact on our product, for example, when someone replies to an activity you have commented on and opted in to receive email notifications.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with our product: We use your contact information and information about how you use our product to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of our product, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can control whether you receive these communications by clicking "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of any of these marketing communications.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, and to repair and improve our product.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote our product, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on our product you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you our product, including to operate our product, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of our product;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our product and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
- If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our product.
How we share information we collect
We make collaboration tools, and we want them to work well for you. This means sharing information through our product and with certain third parties. We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
Sharing with other Service users
When you use our product, we share certain information about you with other Service users.
- Managed accounts and administrators: If you register or access our product using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, or associate that email address with your existing account and such organization wishes to establish a Golden Carers account, certain information about you including your name, email, and account use may become accessible to that organization's administrator and other Golden Carers staff, as permitted by your administrator, to provide you additional products and services or to integrate your Golden Carers Services with a group account. For example, an administrator in your organization may request that we set up a Golden Carers Group account to more easily keep track of users and billing.
- Community Forums: The Golden Carers website offers a publicly accessible forum with comments, and activity pages and blog posts with comments. You should be aware that any information you provide - including profile information associated with the account you use to post the information - may be read, collected, and used by any member of the public who accesses websites (first name, comments, posts, activities submitted, and state and country location). Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information you input into these products and services. To request removal of your information from publicly accessible websites operated by us, please contact. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why.
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: Our Product may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Golden Carers, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person. For more information on how we respond to government requests.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information until you request to delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
- Information you share on our product: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of our product. For example, we continue to display comments and activities you have posted on Golden Carers.
- Managed accounts: If our product is made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), we retain your information as long as required by the administrator of your account.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into our product and using settings available within our product or your account. Where our product is administered for you by an administrator, you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information: Our products give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the product. For example, you can access your profile information from your account and see content on your profile page. You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
- Deactivate subscription or let a subscription expire: Non of our subscriptions automatically renew, except for the monthly Golden Care Tools plan. You can deactivate your Golden Care Tools monthly subscription within your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. If you have a yearly subscription you can let it expire without worrying about future charges. If you are having trouble or need assistance, please contact Golden Carers support. Please be aware that deactivating a subscription or letting one expire does not delete your information from product or service; your information remains based on your past participation within our product. For more information on how to delete your information, see below.
- Delete your information: Our products give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations. Your account, comments, and any other information requested you have personally inputted into our products can be deleted upon request, but may be kept in backup facilities for up to 90 days.
- Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, for example marketing emails, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings.
- Turn off Cookie Controls: Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described above.
- Send "Do Not Track" Signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
- Data portability: Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another (for instance, when you transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier). Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information. Golden Care Tools data can be exported via the Reports CSV file download.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
International transfers of information we collect
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States and Australia. We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we, Golden Carers, or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you our product. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
- International transfers within Golden Carers: To facilitate our global operations, we transfer information to the United States and allow access to that information from countries in which Golden Carers have operations for the purposes described in this policy. These countries may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws to the laws of many of the countries where our customers and users are based. When we share information about you within and among Golden Carers, we make use of industry data protection norms.
Other important privacy information
Notice to End Users
Our products are intended for both personal use and use by organizations. Where our product are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of our product and is responsible for the end-users and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of our product is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
Even if our product are not currently administered to you by an organization, if you are a member of a team-administered by an organization, or if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access our product, then the administrator of that team or the owner of the domain associated with your organizational email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of our product at a later date. You will be notified if this happens.
Administrators are able to restrict your access, and in some cases:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to our product or your account;
- control your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete account information;
- change your account information, including profile information or the email address associated with your account;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
If you do not want an administrator to be able to assert control over your account or use of our product, you should deactivate your membership or remove any email addresses containing a domain owned or controlled by the administrator entirely from your account. Once an administrator asserts control over your account or use of our product, you may no longer be able to withdraw membership or change the email address associated with your account without administrator approval.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator's organizational policies for more information.
Our policy towards children
Our Product are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.
Your information is controlled by Golden Carers. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to Golden Carers.
- Golden Carers
- 829 Fig Tree Pocket Rd
- Fig Tree Pocket
- 4069 Brisbane QLD
- +61 7 3103 0101
- [email protected]