This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Pumpkin soup is a delicious comfort food. Gather residents to watch as you make it and reminisce about family life. When it's ready, enjoy a meal together.!
- Sensory stimulation
- Socializing with friends
- 1.2kg / 2.4lb pumpkin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Cut pumpkin into small pieces, discarding seeds.
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil, uncovered.
- Reduce heat and simmer until pumpkin is tender - around 10 minutes
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth
- Season to taste.
Voila! Serve with dollop of cream or sour cream, a sprinkle of green, and some crusty bread.