Forum Discussion

Ask questions, share ideas and support one another.

Kim 13th Feb 2017 Diversional Therapist
Just wondering if any one can help? I have started a new job as a Diversional Therapist and have no entertainers. The facility is in redland bay Qld. I would really like some help as the residents would love to see entertainers come in.
Thank you for your help
Talita 13th Feb 2017
Hi Kim, have you tried Party Entertainers? Here is their link. I hope it helps. Best wishes.
Kim 14th Feb 2017 Registered Nurse
Hi Kim, Church groups quite often have small singing groups. You could also Google a country music group in your area.U3A also have various musical groups. Try you local dance academies as they may bring their younger performers, and the elderly certainly love to see children perform. If you contact your local schools as they often like to bring their students to perform. Good luck in your new role and remember anything you can bring into the lives of your residents will be greatly received.
P.S. you should try asking other staff members as they may have hidden talents and that would thrill your residents.
Christine 15th Feb 2017
Hi Kim, put this request for entertainers in your facility newsletter. You may be surprised at what friends and family are prepared to do. I have a 30 -piece band that comes in twice a year. Also ask if anyone has special collections which they would be happy to show off. I have a gentleman who collects telephones and he has a wonderful array. His wife collects perfume bottles and has done a lovely Mother's Day reminisce program with our residents. Your local social clubs including Lions and Rotary may also have musicians in their midst. Good luck!

Leave a comment

Create an Account to use the Forum, it's free!