Forum Discussion

Ask questions, share ideas and support one another.

Megan 30th Jan 2019 Therapy Assistant
Pet Therapy,
We are based in Perth,SOR. Unfortunately our Pet Handler and her dog has retired. We are wondering who else we can contact? It doesn't have to be a dog.
Solange 5th Mar 2019 Diversional Therapist
Hi, Megan, you could try the RSPC (Royal Society for Protection of Animals). They sometimes take dogs to visit elders in care facilities. Also, you could put a request on your newsletter. Perhaps residents' relatives have a kitten or a dog they could bring for a couple of hours a week. Failing that there are professional Therapy Dogs programs that visit people in nursing homes, community villages, and other aged care facilities. They o charge a small fee.
Carol 24th Mar 2019 Diversional Therapy
There is a an WA organisation called Animal Companions WA.

Leave a comment

Create an Account to use the Forum, it's free!