Forum Discussion

Ask questions, share ideas and support one another.

Kymberly 9th Mar 2014 Activities Coordinator
Hello. If I was to organise a day trip to the movies with a personal carer, what arrangements would i need to make regarding insurance? They would be travelling by suitable taxi, and i would make sure the cinema can cater for people with physical disability. Thank you
Solange 10th Mar 2014 Diversional Therapist
Hi Kimberly,
Your facility most likely has insurance to cover residents, staff and volunteers (personal carers). Written consent for community outings is usually obtained from residents on the first week of arrival. If they are unable to provide it, their relatives will. Check with your manager for the policies your facility has in place.

Leave a comment

Create an Account to use the Forum, it's free!