This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
These cute Christmas tree decorations are suitable for table tops, windowsills or desks. You can also sit them on top of tv's and radio's.
- Matte Kinder squares or coloured A4 paper
- Bamboo skewers
- Glue and brushes
- Pieces / off-cuts of styrofoam or foam.
- Spray adhesive (optional)
Make the base for the tree:
How to make the tree:
- Take a piece of Styrofoam or foam; make a hole in the middle and stick a bamboo skewer in it with some glue. Allow to dry.
- Download circles templates and make patterns on cardboard for participants to trace and cut.
- Fold each circle in the middle four times.
- Unfold and re-fold concertina style
- Nip the top with a pair of scissors (a very small cut will suffice)
- Set aside and make the next circle.
- When all circles are ready, take your base and insert the large circle on it.
- Place a small amount of glue on top of the first circle before inserting the next one.
- Continue in the same way with the remaining circles.
- Glue a star or another decoration at the top of tree (see video for how to make the stars).
- Decorate as you please.