This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
The objective of this activity is for clients to have fun and be ‘successful’ at the activity.
If they think they made a mistake, offer new stones. Facilitate and adapt craft as needed; choose stones with enough space for decorations; steady wobbly rocks with a little clay.
- River pebbles, small beach rocks, ‘semi-precious’ stones (bought in bags from discount stores)
- Craft Glue
- Clear acrylic spray
- White clay for small features such as beaks, eyes, and tails
- Decorations may be required if the project is an animal or a person e.g. wool for hair
This is a creative project so every project is ‘right’. Instruct clients to assemble stone designs on the table before gluing or piling together.
- Ask clients to separate the stones and decorations they intend to use
- Chose suitable rocks where the design is to be done
- Glue rocks together and decorate
Turn projects into fridge magnets, or computer desks mascots, and other gifts.