This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
International Day of Friendship is on July 30 each year and is a wonderful excuse to celebrate!
Here are some ideas for you to use and make this day special:
- Give a hug to someone you like.
- Make a gift for someone special; a card, a bookmark, a cake or a dream-catcher.
- Call a long 'out-of-touch' friend and rekindle your friendship.
- Watch a movie about friendship with a friend.
- Host a 'Friendship High tea'
How to Host a High Tea Party
- Sing songs about friendship.
- Organise a pet to visit for the day
Related: 10 Benefits of Pet Therapy
Songs to listen and sing on Friendship Day
- I'll Stand by You The Pretenders
- I'll be here Carole King
- Ben Michael Jackson
- Friendship Judy Garland
- You'll Be in My Heart Phil Collins
- You've Got a friend Carole King
- With a Little Help from My Friends Beatles
- Wind Beneath My Wings Bette Midler
- That's What Friends Are For Deniece Williams
- Stand By Me Ben E. King
- At Your Side The Corrs
- I'll Be there Michael Jackson
Films to Watch with Friends on Friendship Day
For the 'old guard':
- Little Women
- It's Christmas
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Meet Me in St Louis
- Gentleman Prefer Blondes
- Cheaper By the Dozen
- The African Queen
- Roman Holidays
- Kiss me Kate
- Some Like It Hot
For the Baby Boomers:
- An Officer and a Gentleman
- Circle of Friends
- First Wives Club
- How to make an American Quilt
- Jerry Maguire
- Scent of a Woman
- Stand By Me
- Thelma and Louise