This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Here is some interesting trivia about Christmas!
- Who wrote ‘A Christmas Carol’?
A – Charles Dickens. ‘Christmas Carols tells the story of a sad Christmas in the life of a miserable man called Ebenezer Scrooge.
- What season was Jesus actually born in?
A - Spring
- What does the name Immanuel mean translated?
A - God with us
- Where was Jesus born?
A - Bethlehem
- Name the three kings that went to see baby Jesus.
A -Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar
- In what direction did the Three Kings see His start?
A - East
- What gifts were presented to baby Jesus?
A - Gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- What does the word Christ mean?
A -The Anointed One or Messiah
- Who were the first to tell the real Christmas story?
A - Matthew and Luke in the Bible
- Can you tell the names of Santa’s reindeers?
A - They are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, (Rudolph).
- Where can you exchange kisses at Christmas time?
A - Under the mistletoe
- Where in the world is Santa’s workshop?
A - North Pole
- Why do we shorten Christmas to Xmas?
A - Because ‘X’ stands for Xristos, the Greek word for Christ
- Who plays the drums in honour of Jesus?
A - The little drummer boy
- What’s the name of a spicy little house we eat on Christmas?
A - Gingerbread house
- Who started the tradition of having a Christmas tree in the house?
A - Germany in the 7th century AD
- Jingle Bells was not originally made for Christmas, do you know the story?
A - Jingle Bells was composed in 1857 for a children’s Thanksgiving program.
- Which country does the “Silent Night’ comes from?
A - Austria