This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Here are a few ideas to help celebrate the AFL Grand Final!
- Choose one or all of the following sweeps:
If you work in an assisted living hostel and management allows a little gambling, make it $.20 cents for each bet (above).
- Winning team and margin
- Combined Score
- First goal kicker
- Last goal kicker
- Norm Smith winner
- Player who score the first goal for each quarter
Alternatively offer a few prizes such as marshmallows and crisps bags, biscuit crackers, chocolates, magnets, packets of tic-tac mints, decorated hats (Melbourne Cup is around the corner), boxes of raisins and nuts.
NOTE: Consult clinical staff to see if edible prizes are suitable.
- Sweep Game
- Divide audience into groups to represent each team in the Grand Final; each group with 5 or 6 players.
- Each time a player takes possession of the ball everybody from that group/team cheers and has a drink.
- Each time a player kicks a goal all participants of that group/team get up and shout the player’s name 3 times with arms up in the air, waving the pom-poms (good exercise!). No prizes or money involved, just good, old fashioned fun!
- Beer Pong Game
- BBQ Lunch:
- Sausage sizzle, hamburgers, chips
- Sausage rolls and ‘Four n Twenty’ mini pies for finger food
- Lamingtons or Pavlova for desert
- Craft for AFL Grand Final:
- Catherine Wheel to decorate facility.
- Home-made cheerleader pompoms.
Have a great grand final!