This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Here is an easy, fun, and quick card game to enjoy!
- Lay a sequence mat in front of each player (provided).
- Shuffle a deck of cards (or 2 decks if you have more than 5 players).
- Deal 10 cards to each player, placed face down on the card boxes on their mats.
- Place the remaining cards in the center as the draw pile.
- The first player draws a card. If the card drawn matches a number on the sequence mat, the player picks up the face-down card and replaces it with the card they drew.
- If the new card is a play card (2-10) that has not already been filled they continue their turn and replace the corresponding face-down card.
- This process continues until they can no longer play a card (for example if they get a King, Queen, or a card they already have face up). Discard the final card in a discard pile.
- The next player takes their turn.
- Aces are considered ones and can be placed in the corresponding card box.
- Jacks are wild cards. Players can use them to represent any number on the sequence mat. If a Jack is already placed face up, they can move it anywhere on a subsequent turn.
The game continues until one player has all 10 of their cards face up on the sequence mat! Each player after the winner will have one chance to try to get all 10 cards face up.