This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is a creative activity and clients should be encouraged to draw their own picture; a tree or a silhouette of a person or animal.
For clients unable to draw, two templates have been provided.
- A jar of recycled buttons - every size and every colour (although small buttons look really good!)
- Markers of different colours. Alternatively, paint and brushes
- Pencils and erasers for clients drawing their own pictures
- Thick A-4 paper
- Glue (PVA or craft glue of any kind)
- Play soft background music to instill a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Give each client a pencil and paper to draw a picture.
- Ask clients to go over pencil drawing with a coloured marker of their choosing.
- Download drawings for those unable to make their own, and photocopy them onto thick paper (the buttons are heavy).
- Place a handful of buttons a short distance from each client and ask them to decorate their pictures.
- When the projects are ready, help clients to pin them up in their rooms or they may wish to give them to a relative as a gift.
- You may enlarge drawings and fill with large buttons.