This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This may seem hard, but do it slowly and you will soon learn it, and when you feel confident you will be able to do these steps and DANCE THE MACARENA!
Hopefully someone will have the CD, or you can listen on YouTube or if you know the music just la la la it. Have a lot of fun and enjoy yourselves!
- Bring your RIGHT arm out first, then your LEFT arm, palms facing down.
- Turn your RIGHT palm over first, then turn your LEFT palm, palms facing up.
- Place your RIGHT hand on your LEFT shoulder, leave it there. Place your LEFT hand on your RIGHT shoulder, your forearms should be crossed in an 'X' shape on your chest.
- Put your hands on the back of your head, one at a time, start by sliding your RIGHT arm out from under your LEFT arm across your chest. Bring your RIGHT hand up and around to the back of your head, then put your LEFT hand on the back of your head.
- Bring your RIGHT hand down on to your LEFT hip. then bring your LEFT hand down on to your RIGHT hip.
- Move your RIGHT hand over to your RIGHT hip. then move your LEFT hand down to your LEFT hip.
- Swing Your hips!