This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
- Contact paper (self adhesive book cover) cut to A4 size. You will need 2 pieces per sun catcher.
- Construction paper cut to A4 size (any thick paper is suitable).
- Scissors, glue, markers, and string.
- Decorations: whatever you have on hand: confetti, glitter, stickers, letters, drawings, cut flowers or petals, dried herbs, or colourful tissue paper.
Note: To make them twice as big as the ones in the photo, cut everything to A3 size instead. Buy 10 to 15 metres of contact paper in this case.
- Download heart template, trace onto construction paper and then cut out the heart (inside).
- Peel off one piece of contact paper and place construction paper on top.
- Give to clients to decorate.
- Once complete, peel off another piece of contact paper and cover the decorated side.
- Hang hearts from ceiling with strings or attach to walls and glass windows with blue tack. If you want to make garlands use the small heart template.