This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Stunning snow-flakes to decorate any room. They are so simple and beautiful! Suitable for people who can trace with a pencil and use the scissors.
WINTER CRAFT – Snow Flakes Suitable for people who can trace with a pencil and use the scissors
- Improve dexterity
- Promote sharing and friendship
- Snow Flake patterns (see below)
- Lots of A3 sized white paper
- Poster board or cardboard
- Laminating machine (optional)
- Fold an A4 sized piece of paper diagonally to form a triangle. Trim leftover portion.
- Fold triangle in the middle again to form a smaller triangle.
- Fold small triangle into three equal parts, as per dotted lines in Fig 1. Make this last triangle as neat as possible: A over B and C over A. The result should appear as per Fig 2.
- Trim the ends in a straight line as per Fig 3.
- Hold the triangle in one hand and a small sharp pair of scissors in the other. Select a model to copy from (3 provided) and start cutting as per the dotted lines. Accuracy is not important. (see photos)
- When done, unfold the triangle to reveal a beautiful snow flake.
- Create your own patterns, the sky's the limit!
- Make dozens of snow flakes and hang them around your facility or stick them on windows