This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is a simple and effective activity to try with residents living with dementia.
- Promote recognition of colors
- Maintain motor skills
- Clothes pegs (clothespins) in 4 colors - at least 15 of each colour
- 4 plastic containers painted or covered with fabric in respective colors
- One tray
- Place pegs on the tray in front of resident.
- Place open containers in front of the tray.
- Demonstrate by placing a peg of each color in the corresponding container.
- Do not hurry or interrupt resdients, just encourage them and lend a hand when needed.