This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Gorgeous recycled hedgehogs to keep or give away as gifts!
- Old paperback books. Small Hedgehogs are cute so use old books no larger than 8 inches (20 cm) in length.
- Black paper, felt or leather for eyes and nose (ears are optional)
- Tear off the front and back cover of your book.
- Count the number of pages you need (I used 130 pages for the hedgehog pictured) and detach the rest of the pages for another project or another hedgehog.
- Start folding your hedgehog:
- Fold each page in half lengthwise
- Fold both folded ends into the spine of the book, forming triangles.
- Continue to fold in this fashion until all the pages are folded.
- Cut small circles for the eyes and nose from the material you haveat hand.
NOTE - For those physical distancing.
Place supplies in a ziplock Kit bag: provide the book with a few pages already folded so that residents can follow. The Kit should have a written suggestion in large letters: “The more accurate the folding, the prettier the hedgehog!