This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Providing lovely visual stimulation, this activity encourages creativity and should be placed in bedrooms and recreation areas.
- Provides social stimulation and a sense of accomplishment.
- Old & scratched CDs
- Construction paper of various colours
- Bright paper, newspaper, magazines for decoration
Alternatively: paint and brushes or coloured pencils
- Metal skewer
- Black marker
- Fishing line or yarn
- Create templates using the provided patterns of fins, tail, mouth and eyes.
- Trace onto construction paper or plain paper.
- Decorate tail and fins as you like or paint if you have used plain paper.
- Allow to dry thoroughly (half an hour).
- Meanwhile decorate CDs as you like on both sides.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Glue eyes and mouth and allow to dry.
- Make a small hole at the top of the dorsal fin with a metal skewer.
- Insert a nylon thread or fishing line.
- Hang on ceilings or attach to walls as visual stimulation