This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
- Thick Cardboard for creating templates
- A4 sized paper in various colours
- Glue and brushes
- Decorations: magazines, old calendars, glitter, polka dots, stars, markers in different colours or coloured pencils (paint is not suitable; printer / copy paper is too thin)
- Paper loops should be 1/4 inches x 9 inches (6cm x 25cm).
- Download templates of ties and bowties
- Trace onto thick cardboard or cardstock to serve as templates
- Use templates to make ties and bowties on colored paper
- Decorate as desired
- Glue on string by placing a little glue on the back of dotted line and folding over the string
- For looped tie:
- start by gluing first the tie top to the main tie.
- Then fold and glue tie top ends backwards to form a loop.
- Continue attaching loop to tie and so on.
Hang on walls, glass windows, doors, or ceilings.
Happy Father’s Day!