Finding activities that people living with dementia are able to do and can enjoy is very challenging.
The Montessori for dementia method seeks to engage the senses and evoke positive emotions. It involves stimulation of the cognitive, social, and functional skills of each individual.
In this article we cover:
- Montessori’s Method in Dementia Care
- Guiding principles of the Montessori method
- How to conduct a Montessori-based Session
- How to create activities based on the Montessori approach
- Links to suitable Golden Carers activities
- Issues that may arise