This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
- Fabric in orange, purple and green
- Sticky tape
- Bubble wrap
- Polyester filling
- String in orange, purple and green (or twist ties)
- Decorating yarn
- Download templates (2 sizes available)
- Cut fabric and bubble wrap
- Cut leaves as per templates
- Cut several pieces of strings to tie carrots or use twist ties
- Have sticky tape close by
- Take a square piece of bubble wrap and a scant amount of polyester filling (bubbles to the inside and smooth side to the outside)
- Hold filing and bubble wrap together and fold inwards to form a cone.
- Hold cone in place by stick taping the edges.
- Trim top. Trim pointy bottom if necessary.
- Roll cone over fabric until completely covered, glue the edges and allow time to dry.
- When dry, press filling down and place a little glue inside cone.
- Put 'leaves’ (one or two) inside and gather fabric and leaves together with your fingers.
- Tie with string or use twist ties.
- Trim surplus fabric.
- Decorate with yarn of different colours.
Place carrots on dining table or gather into a garland and hang as decoration.