This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
- 4 cups grated cheap soap
- 2 tbsp of hand cream or body lotion (use the giveaways from motels)
- 3 tbsp warm water
- fragrant oil
- food colouring
- lavender buds (if wanted)
- Combine soap, water (with food colouring added) and hand lotion in bowl
- Combine with you hands - first cover hands with more handcream to prevent sticking and to prevent colouring of hands.
- Soap can either be shaped freehand or using silicone choc or cupcake moulds greased with handcream to form shapes.
- Can put a dried or artificial flower on top or wrap in reused florests net, or even a bow.
This is a great activity for sitting folks around a table reminiscing, uses all the senses! Have fun!