This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Drawing sunflowers is easy; if clients have difficulties, demonstrate or assist them with a few tips. The attached document shows an easy way of drawing sunflowers.
- Construction paper for sunflowers and leaves
- Coloured pencils or acrylic paint, in different shades of yellow, orange, red, and other warm colours
- Paint brushes
- Craft Glue
- Containers of water to clean brushes
- Paper towels to dab excess paint
- Large sheet of construction paper to mount the project
- Ask a group of clients to draw sunflowers; any size; from very large to small. Clients may need some inspiration; get hold of some pictures of sunflowers from magazines and old calendars (or the internet) and put on display for encouragement.
- Paint sunflowers in different shades of yellow and orange.
- Cut them out.
- Assemble sunflowers on a poster.
- Use sunflower templates provided and ask clients to colour them.
- Assist them to cut them out.
- Clients can then arrange and glue sunflowers and leaves onto construction paper above the ‘vase’ or otherwise create just a poster of the flowers.
We’d love to hear your feedback and see your photos!