This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Make dozens of these lovely hearts and string them around your recreation area!
- Cultural observance.
- Valentine's Day Heart Template
- Construction paper in red, pink and white
- Ribbons or thick yarn in colourful shades
- Hole puncher
- String for hanging
- Large sewing needles or safety pins to thread ribbons
- Print out heart template template and stick onto paperboard/cardboard.
- Cut heart outline from paper board and use as your master template.
- Trace template onto red, white or pink construction paper
- Give residents to decorate with pencils, crayons, glitter, shapes and pictures cut from magazines. Show them a previously decorated heart as sample. Have glue and brushes at hand for those who need it.
- Place pencils, crayons, shapes and pictures cut from magazines by their side so they can choose as they please.
- Have glue and brushes availalbe for those who need it.
- Place finished product to dry (if necessary) then cut it out.
- Punch holes with office puncher at intervals of 2 to 3 cm (1/2 inch).
- Demonstrate how to thread ribbons and yarns and then let residents try.
- Decorate your facility by placing them against them walls with blue tack or attaching various hearts to a string and hanging in a prominent place.
Everyone loved it...the staff and the residents as they tried to guess who was who in the pictures.
they all wanted to keep the heart with their picture on it for their rooms.