This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Word games are lots of fun and can be played at any time without much fuss!
This is an enjoyable activity that sharpens minds, fosters creativity, and builds a friendly sense of competition among participants. Staff often join in too!
- Whiteboard marker
- Have the residents give you a word and write it on the board.
- Residents then see how many words they can make out of that word.
- Keep track of the total and aim to beat your score each time.
- Add excitement by using words related to upcoming events or themes.
- Explore one letter at a time, starting with "A" and progressing.
- Staff participation enhances the experience.