This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Help celebrate the oceans rich diversity of life. Have fun by turning a wall in your facility into your own ocean or aquarium.
- Promote hand-eye coordination.
- Maintain social contact.
- Templates of ocean creatures (see sample provided)
- Water based paint (all colours) or crayons or coloured pencils.
- Blue tack or Elmer’s tack.
- Blue or green construction or kindergarten paper.
- Sit participants around a table and fill them with enthusiasm about the idea of decorating a wall with creatures of the ocean. Reminisce about their connection to the ocean. Ask participants to name fish, animals, birds and all sorts of things found in the ocean.
- Download Golden Carers templates of ocean creatures and print as many copies as required. You may enlarge some of the templates if you have a large enough area/wall to mount your ocean/aquarium.
- Give each participant a template to colour in.
- Offer a variety of colours for them to choose from. Remember that they will be expressing themselves and that being so there is no right or wrong way. If they paint a fish with purple polka dots, the so be it!
- Cut out painted templates and attach to your ocean/aquarium site with blue-tack.
- Using blue or green construction paper cut in the form of undulating waves to resemble water. See photo for example.
I would love to see your photos!