This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
January 8 marks the birthday of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Celebrate the King's birthday with an 'Elvis Presley Day!.
Here are a few ideas:
- Decorate your facility with photos of Elvis, guitars, Cadillac's, Uncle Sam, coca-cola, hot dogs, American flags; anything quintessentially American.
- Play Elvis Presley songs all day. Elvis Presley Playlist (YouTube) - 1 hour.
- Enjoy some Elvis-themed trivia - a word search and crossword are provided.
- Have a group of people make Elvis' favourite sandwich for everyone to enjoy; banana with peanut butter. Serve with Elvis's favourite drink, coca-cola.
- Have a 'Sing-along' with Elvis' songs. Start each song for a few seconds and then stop; challenge participants to sing the next line before you resume.
- Challenge someone at your facility to come to work dressed as Elvis!
- Ask a couple of staff members to perform a well-known Elvis song.
- If possible, hire an Elvis impersonator to entertain residents.
- Hold a session where residents can request their favourite Elvis song for all to hear.
- Watch a movie featuring Elvis.