This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Make bow ties on a craft session and give it to your male residents on Father’s Day to help celebrate this festive occasion.
To promote goodwill. To enhance self esteem.
- Men’s handkerchiefs (one for each resident).
- Safety pins.
- Iron one handkerchief and fold it into a triangle.
- Start folding triangle towards the folded area in the width you want the bow tie to be.
- Hold folded handkerchief slightly off the middle so that one end is longer than the other.
- Hold both sides of handkerchief and flatten the middle to form the bow tie.
- Twist ends and take the longer end to the front to hold the bow tie together and bring it back to fasten with the shorter end.
- Tuck ends in bow tie folds.
- Place a safety pin at the back to fasten to clothes.
Watch the video!