This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Egg Bingo is a Bingo made with egg cartons and table tennis balls. I "borrowed" the idea from a kids website and modified it. It worked so well that our clients commented how clever the idea was!
How to play:
Each person has a 6 cup egg carton with numbers written at the bottom and they collect the table tennis balls with the same numbers as you draw them from the bag.
- Egg cartons cut in half ( I used 9 cartons and made 18 Egg Bingo boards with 6 egg cups each board)
- White paint
- Paint brushes
- Cheap table tennis balls (one per egg cup)
- Black permanent marker
- A nice bag or box to draw your table tennis balls from
What to do:
- Paint each egg carton in white (we did this as a previous activity with our clients).
- Write a number on the bottom of each egg cup from1 onwards in random positions and without repeating any number. (We wrote from 1 to 108).
- Do the same with each table tennis ball.
- Put the tennis balls in a pretty bag or box.
- Give each participant an egg carton board and call the numbers of your table tennis balls as you draw them.
- Give them to your players for them to start collecting and organizing the balls in each egg cup.