A Guide for Leisure & Health Employees working in Aged Care
An Induction and Orientation Program helps prepare new staff in an efficient manner.
It shows them what skills and behaviours they will need to become high-functioning employees.
In this article we cover:
- What is an Induction & Orientation Program?
- Who is Responsible for Induction & Orientation?
- Benefits of Induction & Orientation for New Employees
- Benefits for Organisations
- Designing and developing an 'Induction Handbook'
- Planning an Orientation Program
- Mentor Responsibilities
- Orientation Day
- Orientation Checklist for Activity Coordinator (sample)
- Orientation Checklist for New Employee (sample)