This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
Ideal for men, this activity will foster friendship and bring much laughter. Men will enjoy making the planes and then competing afterwards.
It would be helpful if you could find a male volunteer to sit with participants and remind them of different ways to make paper airplanes.
- Buy colorful A4 paper (the paper used for origami is ideal) or you can use regular office paper.
- Have fun making planes! The more types of airplanes the better (big, small, square, round, jets, Boings, bi-planes, 747, sea-planes, etc. A templates has been provided as a starting point, many more can be found online.
- Use the time constructing planes to reminisce! Did they enjoy making paper planes when they were children? etc
- Remind participants to write their names on the finished product.
- Organise a fun competition game to see which plane can fly the farthest!
It's often the simplest games that are the most effective and well received!
We'd love to hear your feedback!
Have you tried making and flying paper planes with seniors before?