This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This activity is for your residents to simply enjoy the aroma of food that is being cooked or baked - not to actively participate in the cooking process.
- Sensory stimulation
- Provision of home-like activity
- Fill your centre with the wonderful smell of freshly baked bread using a Bread Maker.
- Make a fruit bread or wholemeal loaf to try something different.
- You will need an electric saucepan or a hot plate.
- Make sure your residents cannot approach the cooking area by placing tables and/or trolleys as a barricade. You will need a volunteer or two or nursing staff to assist you.
- I love making soup in winter time, the smell of garlic and onion cooking encourages many residents to come and ‘see’ what is going on. Also the feedback I get from residents is heart warming!
- Serve the soup with a slice of sour dough or rye bread.
Find for more recipe ideas in the cooking category.
Thank you for your idea it sounds lovely