This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is a group activity suitable for other celebrations as well, such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day. This heart stands 28 inches (73 cm) tall and the same in width. You may enlarge to A3 paper for giant hearts.
There are two types of group activities:
- Colouring Heart of Kindness: Use the panels with patterns.
- Creative Heart of Kindness: Use plain panels (no patterns - residents can create their own patterns)
It is recommended that the two groups be separated so that creativity is unencumbered.
Colouring/Creative Heart of Kindness instructions
- Download and photocopy A4 patterned panels.
- A4 paper should be thicker than the average office paper to withhold the paint.
- If using pencil colouring, buy the best quality colouring pencils you can afford. To achieve beautiful results you need good tools.
- There are 9 panels so distribute them according to how many participants you have.
- Let participants colour/paint as they wish.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
How to assemble hearts:
You may assemble as you like, it is quite straight forward, with the edges showing where to glue.
However, if you like instructions, this is how we have done it:
- Starting with the triangle part of the heart, place it on a table with a little blue tack at the back to hold it in place.
- Glue lower edge of panel 2 (left side), over triangle matching the heart line.
- Glue bottom edge of panel 4 Right side over triangle as above.
- Glue lower edge of panel 5 (L side) to upper edge of panel 2 matching heart line.
- Do the same on the right side: glue lower edge of panel 7 to upper edger of panel 4.
- Glue panel 8 under panel 5 on left side matching the heart line.
- Do the same on other side: Tuck panel 9 under panel 7 and glue matching the heart line.
- Glue the two middle panels: panel 6 between 2 and 4 and panel 9 between panel 5 and 7, matching heart line.
- Trim heart all around and blue tack on walls or windows.