This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is a wonderful sensory activity that can reduce anxiety, provide reassurance and a sense of comfort.
Ensure you consult with your manager before commencing and always follow the health and safety policies where you work.
- Make residents feel special
- Reduce anxiety
- Keep hands and nails clean.
- Gather a group of clients (4 or 5) and seat them around a table for a chat while waiting for their turn.
- Wash hands in scented water.
- Lightly massage with essential oil mixture or hand cream. For information on how to blend essential oils into hand cream, read Getting Started with Aromatherapy.
- File nails. Women may wish to have nails colored, in which case involve them in the choice of colour.