This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is an excellent game for socialization.
What You Need:
- A strip of carpet; the length of the carpet depends on the size of the area you have. I play in a rather small area; our carpet is 5m x 1.2m (16ft x 4ft).
- An indoor bowls game.
- Two teams with 3 to 4 people on each team.
- Start by placing 4 chairs or wheelchairs on each side of the carpet (one side for each team).
- Each player is given one bowl. Indoor bowls come with 2 clearly marked sets so each team should use one set.
- The game is usually played to 21 points.
- Place the jack somewhere on the mat.
- Flip a coin to determine which team starts. Alternate which team starts each round.
- Players from each team take turns rolling their bowls as close as they can to the jack.
- Once everyone has had their turn, the side that has a bowl closest to the jack wins the round and is awarded 2 points. If there is a draw, one point is awarded to each team.
- Continue until one team reaches 21 points!
Adapt the game to suit the abilities of participants.
This was a very popular game where I worked, we played every second Friday at 3pm and then followed this with Happy Hour.