This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
To celebrate spring make a 'dream' tree composed of spring flowers and blossoms. This activity includes 8 spring flower templates for you to download. You may also include recycled paper flowers with painted flowers as per the example spring tree above.
Note this tree is a beautiful decoration over 1.3m / 4.3 feet high!
- Cultural celebration.
- Artistic expression.
- Tree templates provided (see below)
- Colourful magazines, old calendars, travel agency brochures.
- Construction paper in bright colours and plain paper.
- Glue and Blue Tack
- Pencils, crayons and/or paint for decoration
- Download colouring flower outlines and transfer onto strong cardboard to make a durable template.
- Sit residents around a table and give each a pair of scissors.
- Using the cardboard templates, trace flowers onto magazines, calendars and brochures. Talk about spring with your residents whilst you do this. Have a little game going by asking what words they remember relating to spring. Use the opportunity to reminisce about what sort of flowers they used to plant and love.
- Ask residents to cut out traced flowers from magazines etc.
- Trace some flower templates onto some plain white paper if residents feel like colouring in or painting.
- You may also trace some onto colourful leftover construction paper on which the residents can then draw the stamen and the pistil.
- Download the trunk template (A, B & C) and trace onto black or brown construction paper.
- Take residents to assembly location; a wall or large cork board. Sit residents around to watch and have a couple to hand you the flowers.
- Start with the 'trunk' of the tree. Place it firmly on the wall with blue tack, be generous with the blue tack or it will fall down after a couple of days.
- Enjoy the view!
The tree looks great
Thanks for sharing it