This is one of many free activities.
Golden Carers has 1000s of activities and resources for senior care.
This is such a fun game! Residents will love reminiscing about the price of groceries in a social setting.
- Engaging in conversation
- Cognitive exercise.
Preparation & Materials:
- Prepare the room with a large cardboard sign: "The Price Is Right".
(This could be made by your clients the day before in a craft session).
- Borrow some grocery items from the kitchen such as: a can of beans, a packet of matches, a small packet of coffee, eggs, and any other items.
- Have suitable small prizes ready including items such as combs, lotions, talcum powders etc to give to those who are unable to eat chocolate and other sweets.
- Place borrowed items on a table in the middle of the room with participants in a large circle around it.
- Ask participants to guess the price of the groceries, one by one. Take the opportunity to engage them in reminiscing about the prices of groceries in the past.
- Give prizes to those that guess closest to the correct price.